Garlic herb mushrooms
For an easy flavorful veggie side, try these garlic herb mushrooms!
Servings 2 -4
- Ghee or extra virgin olive oil (chicken fat or duck fat are delish too)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb / 450 g mushrooms, each mushroom quartered or cut in six pieces depending on size
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 10-15 sprigs of thyme (use only the leaves) or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp fine ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp fine grain pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Add some ghee.
Add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add mushrooms. The mushrooms are going to soak up all the ghee, appearing very dry. Keep cooking! As the mushrooms cook further, they will soften and release a lot of liquid.
Add spices and continue to cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, until almost all the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are nice and tender (but not soggy).
Season to taste.