Fiend /fēnd/ noun
– a person who is excessively fond of or addicted to something
I’m so happy that you found your way to my little corner of the internet – welcome! My name is Sabine and I’m the person behind all the delish food and good vibes here. As you might’ve guessed, I’m obsessed with flavor; always thinking about exquisite food pairings and how to make the most flavorsome meals using simple ingredients. I believe that sharing is caring, which is why I create easy flavorful recipes for you to enjoy in your everyday cooking.
I started food blogging in 2012 (it’s been a minute) and The Flavor Fiend is actually my 4th blog! I started blogging, after finishing my training as a naturopath, because I wanted to help my clients with delicious healthy recipes. Back then, more so than today, many people had the belief that ‘healthy eating’ couldn’t be anything other than a bland, tasteless and basically soul crushing affair. I wanted to challenge that by showing people how to cook healthier meals while never compromising on great flavor.
Fast forward to today. My cooking style might’ve changed a bit over the years, but I’m still equally obsessed with flavor and how to pair and prepare simple ingredients to create the most mouth watering meals possible – and I’m so excited to share that with you here!
I hope you’ll like my recipes, have some fun in the kitchen and enjoy the scrumptious meals that you’re about to make.
10-SOME FUN FACTS
- I’m originally from Denmark, but moved to Montreal in 2014.
- Growing up – for the longest time – I wanted to be an actor.
- I studied law at The University of Copenhagen before becoming a naturopath.
- I used to run an online based food club where I created weekly meal plans (ironically, I don’t like meal planning myself).
- I’m a lady of Chaol Ghleann in Scotland (the title might be bought, but it’s a title – that I don’t use enough – nonetheless).
- I spend way to much time looking at cute pugs on Instagram!
- I’m an avid Googler and I love to learn new things (…things that I’ll totally forget about 30 seconds later, but A for effort, right?)..
- I strongly believe that practice makes
perfectbetter (my food photography year 2012 vs. 2019 is solid proof, trust me…).
- I’m known to keep pretty much everything in my purse (good quality salt is obviously a given!).
- I L-O-V-E repurposing glass jars (you know those moments where you realize that you have indeed become your parents?).
- I’m listening to rap type music most days – Kid Ink is a favorite!
- When people like my food, my heart sings and that’s why I know, that food is my thing. Food is such a love language to me and I love to cook for the people I care about.
Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me a bit better! I’d love to connect with you on Instagram, Facebook or on my newsletter to get to know YOU better too (feel free to randomly share some fun facts about yourself, I’d love that so much!).